Wishing both you and your teams a Happy Holiday Season!
Plasma Systems, Inc.
PS: Look out for our Open House in January!
1) Plasma – Each plasma will have a manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule, which we recommend you follow. A clean plasma cutter will provide cleaner cuts and should be given a daily maintenance review. Recommended daily coolant checks and a six-month coolant replacement are some of the important preventative maintenance actions your team should be taking.
2) The Machine – The Cutting Edge custom design CNC machine is a beast. Built with the highest quality parts, the machine will run for years on end with accurate and precise movement (we have machines in the field which have been running for over 20 years). Maintenance is key and we recommend always checking your carriage and lifter for debris and obstruction. Simple things like cleaning your rails once a month with a wire brush can help prevent future issues.
3) Drive Maintenance – Drive maintenance is also one of the most important pieces on the CNC to maintain. Checking and cleaning the exterior components of the drives goes a long way. Ensuring the wires are secure, clean, and unobstructed assists in keeping the gearboxes sealed, this will keep your CNC working at a high level of precision.
4) Insight Controller – The controller is engineered to function in a harsh environment. Recommended maintenance for the controller is as easy as routinely cleaning the touch screen and removing any layers of dust from the keyboard, wires and exterior components.
5) Cut Table – Whether you have a water table or downdraft table, keeping the slats, bins and interior of your table clean are highly recommended. Maintaining the table will provide for a safer work environment and will help prevent major accidents.